RECOMMENDED SELF HELP BOOKS FOR PATIENTS
· Taming the black dog: a guide to overcoming depression. Aisbett, Bev.
· Breaking the patterns of depression. Yapko, Michael D.
· Depression and how to survive it. Milligan, Spike.
· Beating the blues: a self help approach to overcoming depression. Tanner, Susan.
· Darkness visible: a memoir of madness. Styron, William.
· Understanding Depression: what we know and what you can do about it. De Paulo, J. Raymond, MD.
· Beat Depression. Hinds, David, M.
· Getting your life back: the complete guide to recovery from depression. Wright, Jesse, H.
· The depression sourcebook. Quinn, Brian.
· The Australian Medical Association home medical guide to depression. McKenzie, Kwame.
· Life on a rollercoaster: living well with depression and manic depression. Kelly, Madeleine.
· When words are not enough: how to choose what's right for you. Raskin, Valerie Davis.
· Gas smells awful: the mechanics of being a nutcase. Razer, Helen.
· When someone you love is depressed: how to help your loved one without losing yourself. Rosen, Laura Epstein.
· Beating the blues: self help for depression. Mcconville, Brigid.
· Surfing the blues: a guide to understanding and coping with mood disorders. Rzecki, Catherine.
Anxiety / Panic
· In stillness conquer fear: overcoming anxiety, panic and agoraphobia. Mckinnon, Pauline.
· Embracing uncertainty: say "no" to worry and "yes" to peace of mind. Jeffers, Susan.
· Working through panic. Fox, Bronwyn.
· Power over panic: freedom from panic / anxiety related disorders. Fox, Bronwyn.
· Master your panic and take back your life! : Twelve treatment sessions to overcome high anxiety. Beckfield, Denise.
· Living it up: the advance survivors guide to anxiety free living. Aisbett, Bev.
· Letting it go: Attaining awareness out of adversity. Aisbett, Bev.
· Don't panic! Overcoming anxiety, phobias and tension. Page, Andrew.
· Living with anxiety: a practical research-based plan for managing anxiety problems. Montgomery, Bob.
· Feel the fear and do it anyway. Jeffers, Susan.
· Instant Calm. Wilson, Paul.
· Worry. Hallowell, Edward, M.
· Overcoming shyness & social phobia. Rapee, Ronald, M.
· Panic Anxiety (Sound Recording) the power of meditation. Fox, Bronwyn.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
· ...nine, ten dot it again. A guide to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I'Anson, Kathryn.
· Getting Control. Overcoming your obsessions and compulsions. Rapoport, Judith, L.
· Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. New help for the family. Gravitz, Herbert, L.
· The hidden feelings of motherhood: a guide to coping with stress, depression, and burnout. Kendall-Tackett, Kathleen, A.
· This isn't what I expected: recognising and recovering from depression and anxiety after childbirth. Kleiman, Karen.
· Coping with postnatal depression. Barnett, Bryanne.
· Banish post-baby blues. Sapsted, Anne-Marie.
· Depression after childbirth: how to recognize and treat postnatal depression. Dalton, Katarina.
· Denotes available at Yarra Plenty Regional LIbraries: Diamond Valley, Eltham, Ivanhoe, Lalor, Mill Park, Rosanna, Thomastown, Watsonia.